Monday, March 13, 2023

Snowglobe Love

Hello and welcome.  First, and foremost, I hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe weekend.  If you were in California, especially the Central Valley, this last weekend, highlight the safe part.  What a wacky set of storms we had.  Everything from rain, snow, flash floods, hail (1.5 inch size),  severe thunderstorms and the rare California tornado warnings (2 of them).  Needless to say, my migraines, back issues and fibromyalgia took a huge hit this weekend.  Even with all of that, I did manage to get some weeding done between thunderstorms and some stamping.  

I've had this Inkadinkadoo snow globe stamp for years and have never used it, so I thought this wacky weather weekend was a good time to ink it up using Splitcoaststampers WT398 - Sound of Music challenge, and my own wedding cake topper, as inspiration.  After stamping the snow globe in memento tuxedo black ink onto some white scrap paper, I added the wedding couple stamp from DJ Inkers in the center before also stamping the image onto scrap white card stock.  Once I had colored the couple using Lyra and Castle Arts pencils, I fussy cut them out before popping up in the snow globe using pop dots.  Once they were added to the card, I pulled out a dusty Stampin Up Wonderful Words set and stamped the love at the bottom of the card.  The only embellishments I added were a red 3D glaze pen and frosted lace ice stickles.  Somewhat simple was more powerful.  For those that are not familiar with the movie, here's a YouTube link to the Sound of Music wedding scene.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers WT938 - Sound of Music (inspired by wedding scene and my own cake topper)
Splitcoaststampers FS840 - Scrapacat (inspired by her card here; kept colors changed everything else)
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Inkadinkadoo; Darcies; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Lyra and Castle Arts Pencils, Pop Dots, Brads, Frosted Ice Stickles, Glue Dots, 3D Glaze Pen

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, we are not hearing ALL of the California weather here. That does sound scary and I'm sure the barometric pressure changes alone messed with you. That's what usually triggers mine and Honey's ailments. Volatile weather, hope it calms down for you and you feel better soon. A lovely stamped card for a lucky couple, love that snow globe stamp, xoxo

    ReplyDelete