Sunday, April 2, 2023

Merry Christmas In April

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a Christmas card made using a "never before used" stamp set from Lawn Fawn called Christmas Dreams I bought as a birthday present to me last year and is inspired by the book/poem Twas The Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore. (clicking the link sends you to a history about this beloved story)

I started out by stamping the fireplace, rug and Christmas tree on scrap Neenah white card stock before stamping everything else on scrap card stock to use later.  After I colored it all using both my prismacolor and copic markers, I lightly stippled some Stampin Up ruby red ink around the edges before stippling some Altenew lagoon ink around the edges over the ruby red ink using my blending brushes from Picket Fence Studios.  I then fussy cut all of the smaller images out then adhering them using my Bearly Art glue.  I then layered the image panel and added green brads before adhering the layered panel to my de-bossed card before stippling Stampin Up spruce ink around the edges.  After adding the "dream bubbles" using pop dots , I added crystal ice stickles to highlight parts of the images and some poinsettia drew drops I found in my stash.  I'm pretty please with how it turned out considering I'm still dealing with a sinus infection with bronchitis.

Challenges entered:
 
The Paper Players #634 - The Animals Came In (inspired by cat/dog in sample)
Jingle Belles Rock - Tinsel Tree Inspired (inspiration used: trees, ornaments)
 
 
Lawn Fawnactics
 
Splitcoaststampers IC904

Peace On Earth
The Paper Players
 
Jingle Belles Rock
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

Stamps: Lawn Fawn
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Ruby Red, Spruce: Altenew Lagoon
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Ornaments Embossing Folder, Brads, Dew Drops, Pop Dots, Ice Stickles, PFS Blending Brushes, Glue Dots, Bearly Arts Glue

5 comments:

  1. Cute image and card! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are still down with the sinus infection, they are sometimes very hard to cure. Cute card. I have a Lawn Fawn stamp/die set called Cozy Christmas that I've had out for a month trying to find a minute to make it up for one of the Splitcoast Stamper Christmas Card challenges. Very old set. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a supercuuuuuuute take on our Tinsel Tree Inspo Photo, and a fabulously festive scene! So pleased you could join our Jingle Belles fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a LOT of work, Bonnie, but I can tell that you enjoyed the entire process and it shows! It's a really cute and classic Christmas scene. I love the little dream bubbles for the critters! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Feel better soon.🤗Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look like sweet dreams for sure ... so very glad you joined our Tinsel Tree Inspiration at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete