Saturday, March 18, 2023

Peace and Joy

 Hello and welcome.  I don't know about you, but right now California is dealing with a lot, and I mean A LOT, of rain lately.  First the record snow pack and now lots and lots of rain.  Our rivers, and reservoirs, are overflowing because the rain is falling on the snow pack and melting it fast!  We use that snow pack for drinking water and irrigation during the hot summer months. At least, we're no longer in an extreme drought but no drought where I live.  (Thank you Lord for the rain)  My migraines are having a fit, however, I will deal with them.  Here in central California, small towns are getting flooded out and some people are losing everything.  My own cul-de-sac flooded out from the downpour we got (see pic taken from my porch).  Fortunately, a neighbor had put sandbags in front of our mobile home to keep water from flooding underneath it before the last storm rolled in.


Now we're waiting on atmospheric river number three arriving late Sunday night.  So, I figured I'd finally get this adorable Away In A Manger digital image from Sweet N Sassy Stamps colored while I could.  

After printing the image onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using both Lyra and Castle Arts pencils before stippling some Tim Holtz walnut stain and chipped sapphire using my blending brushes from Picket Fence Studio.  Once that was done, I stamped the Peace/Joy saying from Sweet N Sassy's Old Fashioned Christmas set in memento tuxedo black ink underneath my colored image.  The final touch was stippling some old paper distress ink over/around the image before highlighting the Christmas star's rays using a clear glitter gel pen.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers F4A685 - A Splash of Luck with a Dash of Green (I went with the dash of green on the shepherd boy's cloak) 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Sweet N Sassy
Card Stock: Neenah White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Walnut Stain, Chipped Sapphire, Old Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Lyra and Castle Arts Pencils; PFS Blending Brushes, Gel Pen

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Bonnie! I sure hope you can "weather" the health effects of all the rain y'all are getting. Glad your neighbor helped you out with the sandbags. We had training rain during Hurricane Harvey in 2017 and I was so thankful our neighborhood sits on a bluff. I watched while half our town flooded out. All the new neighborhoods with retention ponds got flooded by those ponds. Made me thankful to live in a well-built older hood that so many left to move to the newer ones, and they've had flooding, crime, traffic. That's Karma for you I guess. Your card is so pretty and your coloring is too. I recognized the sentiment as I have that same SnS stamp set. Stay dry! XXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge!

    lovies, =o) kel
    The Holly & Ivy Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, thanks for joining the Outlawz Festive Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete