Friday, January 28, 2022

Birthday Ocean


Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a birthday card made for my brother in law using several sets/dies from Picket Fence Studios and a dusty Spots and Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder.

I started out by stamping several fish from a never before used (NBUS) One Year Older set in memento tuxedo black, on several scrap white panels, before coloring using Castle Art pencils.  Once all of my coloring was finished, I stamped the sea "floor" items in several memento colors from the following sets: Dose Of Vitamin Sea, Little Coral Girl (NBUS), and Schools of Fish (retired/sold out).  I then stippled Stampin Up bliss blue, pacific pointe and Tim Holtz brushed corduroy using Picket Fence Blending Brushes until I was happy with the coverage.  I then took a large scrap piece of bliss blue card stock and a pacific pointe card, dry embossed it using my Spots and Dots embossing folder and Big Shot before stippling matching ink over the embossed images.  Once the card was ready, I layered the image panel and added brads before adding to the card.  For the inside of the card, I stamped my sayings onto more white scraps, stippled bliss blue ink and then added to the card's inside.  As an afterthought, I added two die cut fish to the top inside panel before stamping additional fish and sea floor items masking as needed.  After popping up the die cut fish to the outside, adding white gel pen "bubbles" and ice stickles, my card was finished.  I'm really happy with how it turned out since I'm still dealing with COVID symptoms (trust me you don't want to get COVID).



Challenges entered:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Picket Fence Studios
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ladybug, Bamboo Leaves, Tangelo; Stampin Up Bliss Blue, Pacific Pointe
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Castle Art Pencils, PFS Dies, PFS Blending Brushes, Ice Stickles, Dimensionals, Brads, Glue Dots, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Big Shot, White Gel Pen, Black Artist Pen

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and cheery card. I love those colourful fish and how they carry on inside making it extra special. so sorry to hear that you have been suffering with covid, hope you feel completely better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely underwater world birthday card using your scraps (snippets).


    Climb the rope ladder and find a comfy chair up in the Playground Treehouse - I've got the coffee on!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. In spite of your bad luck getting breakthrough Covid (so glad you are doing better), you made a delightful undersea design, Bonnie! Take care and keep getting better. Seems like we might all get it eventually and I'm glad you weren't worse and your hubby didn't get it. Thank you for sharing again in NBUS and playing along with Kraft Chicks! Hugs, Darnell GD

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, amazing scene and so many details, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous Who doesn't love sea scenes? You've been very busy as well.

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, I like scenes and this is great. Thank you for playing our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the fishies in your wonderful card!! So many things to see in your fun little scene. Great coloring. So sorry you got breakthrough Covid. Hope you will be completely back to full strength soon. It can take awhile!
    Thank you for joining us Under the Sea at Let's Squash It!

    <3
    Janis
    Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sea scene. Love the fish and the lovely circles embossed layer. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a happy card. Hope you'll feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of your fishes, great card! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn DT

    ReplyDelete