Monday, April 26, 2021

Grapevines and Hugs

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a couple of different cards inspired by two challenges over on Splitcoaststampers.  


First up is a card inspired by Marvin Gaye's song I Heard It Through The Grapevine.  When I first saw the challenge last Friday, I knew what song I wanted to go by and had to look ALL weekend for the stamp set I wanted.  So all weekend, this song was going through my head and it's still there.  
 
I started out by stamping the vine from Stampin Up's retired Grapes set in garden green ink onto Neenah white card stock before pulling out some memento grape jelly to stamp the grapes in.  My saying was stamped in memento tuxedo black from the retired Friend To Friend set.  I then lightly stippled Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink over the remaining white areas before layering and adding brads.  The only other embellishment added was a purple organdy ribbon.

Challenges entered:
 
 

My second card uses the retired Hearts And Flowers For You from Impression Obsession.   I started out by stamping the jar in memento summer sky ink onto scrap white card stock before stamping the flowers and leaves in various memento inks.  I then stamped the saying and tag in memento black before layering.  I had stamped the tag onto another piece of scrap card stock to color before deciding against it.  I'm much happier with it without the coloring.  The only embellishment added was some gold cord ribbon.

Challenges entered:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day, stay safe and please wear a mask so we can beat COVID!

Grapevine
Stamps: Stampin Up Grapes, Friend To Friend
Ink: SU Garden Green; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass; Memento Black, Grape Jelly
Card Stock: Neenah White, Stampin Up
Accessories:Stipple Brush, Ribbon, Brads, Glue Dots

Jar Vase
Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Memento Black, Ladybug, Northern Pine, Cottage Ivy, Lilac Posies, Rose Red, Summer Sky
Card Stock: Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Gold Cord Ribbon

3 comments:

  1. fabulous cards...thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles this week, Nelly DTx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love your stamping across the stop. Thanks for joining the fun at Crafting Happiness Challenges. Hope you'll link up again.
    :) Janis
    Owner & Design Team @ Crafting Happiness Challenges
    PauseDreamEnjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your beautiful jar of flowers with us at Just Us Girls, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete