Sunday, April 18, 2021

Day Of The Dead Wedding Couple

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with your a card made using an image called Day Of The Dead Sprite Couple from Aurora Wings.  I was originally inspired to make this card by a pin over at Paper Mache Art.

After printing the image off onto Neenah White card stock, I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers.  Once my coloring was finished, I created my cloud background using my Slimline Cloud Stencil and blending brushes from Picket Fence Studios along with Tim Holtz stormy sky ink.  I then went and pulled my retired Watercolor Minis stamp set to create the "flower petal bed" they're standing on and then layered the image.  The only embellishment used is black brads.  The final touch was stamping my saying, from Stampin Up's retired Sincere Salutations, under the layered image panel using memento tuxedo black ink.

Challenges entered:
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day, stay safe, and please wear a mask!
Stamps: Aurora Wings; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Summer Sun, Only Orange; Tim Holtz Stormy Sky
Card Stock: Neenah White, Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Brads, PFS Slimline Cloud Stencil, PFS Blending Brushes
 

6 comments:

  1. A gruesome couple! I really like your cloud background.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gruesome couple, Lovely background
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very spooky card, fabulous background.


    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card, perfect for a different wedding card. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Couple are in it till death LOL. Well Done, I would also like to invite you to enter it in the challenge at Inspiration Station. It fits the inspiration photo perfectly. https://inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge, it's a fun card and a great intrepretation of the inspiration photo! Donna, DT

    ReplyDelete