Friday, December 4, 2020

It's A Penguin Parade!!

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a couple of cards made using the retired Merry Penguin set from Impression Obsession.   
 
Onefer 


This card has a lot of dimension on it. With the exception of the card base, everything was made from scraps/snippets.  I started out by stamping the plaid penguin twice on to scrap white card stock before coloring using prismacolor markers before cutting them out using the matching dies (also retired) then setting them aside. For the card I folded a bliss blue card stock to make a slimline card, then cut down the matching layers.  Before adding another layer of bliss blue, I dry embossed it using a A2  Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder running it three times through my big shot.  Talk about having to be careful about lining the embossing folder just so on the card stock.  Whew!!  I then lightly sponged Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink over the embossed images before popping it up on the card using dimensionals.  Taking more scrap white card stock, I stamped and colored the accessories for my penguins before cutting them out also using the matching dies; then setting aide.  For the greeting on the front of the card, I stamped it in memento tuxedo black ink directly onto a bliss blue scrap, trimmed it down, then layered before running my fingernail along the sides before adhering it to the card also using dimensionals.  Now it was time to assemble my penguins.  The only other embellishment added was a gold enamel heart and diamond ice stickles dots over various places on the embossed snowflakes.

Challenges entered:
 
 

 
 
Twofer  
 

 
For the second card, I used the extra card stock, and the same stamp set, I had pulled out for the first one, so it's pretty much the same color scheme.  After folding my card base from ballet blue card stock, I trimmed down a bliss blue layer and again ran it through the big shot three times using the same A2 Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder before sponging tumbled glass distress ink over the embossed images.  This layer was also popped up using dimensionals.  I then took more scrap white card stock, stamped my images in memento tuxedo black, before coloring using both prismacolor and copic markers.  Once all the coloring was finished, I die cut the images out using the matching dies. This time I assembled the remaining card pieces using glue dots.  The only embellishment used this time was diamond ice stickles in the centers of some of the embossed snowflakes.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day, stay safe, and please, please wear a mask!!!

Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass
Card Stock: Hammermill White Scraps, Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Glue Dots, Stipple Brush, Sponges, Diamond Ice Stickles, Fingernail, Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing Folder, Big Shot

6 comments:

  1. Such fun Bonnie Lynn! Lovely work and remmeber, although linking is closed, if you wish to play for the prize then leave me a comment on the challenge post and I'll add you to the list!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely penguin cards.
    I'll see you on the Playground swings!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! Thanks for playing along with Festive Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card.
    Thank you for participating in our challenge.
    Big Hug Bianca
    Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling card! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge.
    Blessings,
    Beth McCullough-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous, those penguins are adorable, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete