Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Stella's Search And Rescue Mission

 
Hello and welcome.  Today's post on the Bugaboo blog, Catch The Bug, is our weekly Humor Me Wednesday inspiration.  My card was inspired by Take A Hike Day on November 17th.  I never even knew this day existed, did you?  So I decided to use Bugaboo's Stella Search And Rescue, an image I've had for a while but never used before now.  My dad would've loved this card since he had a snarky/interesting sense of humor.  I do miss him.

After printing my image onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using Castle Art pencils and a blender pencil before stippling Tim Holtz tumbled glass and wild honey distress inks around it then layered.  I then took a green card and stamped leaves and acorns in glorious green ink before adding a cocoa border strip then sponging the green ink around the edges of the card.  The only embellishments used were copper brads and cord then adding ice stickles to highlight parts of the image.  I'm happy with how it turned out since I colored it with the remains of a migraine.  It took a few days but I was able to finish it.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and stay safe out there.

Stamps: Bugaboo Stella SAR; Stampin Up Fall Whimsy (retired)
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Wild Honey; Stampin Up Glorious Green
Card Stock: Neenah White, Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Copper Brads and Cord, Castle Art Pencils, Crystal Ice Stickles, Stipple Brushes, Sponge, Glue Dots


4 comments:

  1. What a fun card. Thanks for playing along with us at Arty Divas.

    DT Stacey
    www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. fun Stella. So glad you shared over at Always fun challenge, Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge. Best of luck, Hayley DT member x

    ReplyDelete