Sunday, April 19, 2020

Quarantine Kitty and More NBUS (never before used schtuff)


Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a card I made using one of Unity Stamps new digital images called Quarantine Dream.  I'm loving Unity's digital images since they're already pre-sized for an A4 card and set to print 4 card fronts per 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of card stock.  I'll admit, I'm lazy when it comes to resizing digital images and these fit me perfectly - especially this set since I'm the "crazy cat lady" of our cul-de-sac.

After printing off the digital image (NBUS), I pulled out my dusty prismacolor and lyra pencils to color the image.  Once the coloring was finished, I layered it and added some purple brads.  For my card, I pulled out a dusty Stampin Up paw print wheel to create my card base.  After adding the layered image panel using glue dots, I added some faux stitching using a 3D glaze pen and then highlighted parts of the colored image using the same 3D glaze pen set.  Once that was dry, I color spritzed a lilac marker over the card before sponging matching lilac ink around the edges of the card base.  My final embellishment was a chipboard paw print I've had for years and never used.  Viola!!  Finished.  I plan on sending this to a friend who fosters pregnant cats & their kittens for a no kill shelter.

Challenges entered:

Never Before Used Schtuff (NBUS) #13 - Use Your NBUS
Show Us Your Pussycats #53 - Anything Goes With Cats
Crafty Friends #133 - Anything Goes
Arty Divas #19 - Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Craft Week 14 - Anything Goes
Splitcoaststampers USEIT2020 - Use Your Stash


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Unity Digital Quarantine Dream, SU Paw Print Wheel (retired)
Ink: SU Lovely Lilac
Card Stock: SU
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor and Lyra Pencils, Blender Pencil, Chipboard Paw Print, Glue Dots, Color Spritzer Tool, SU Lovely Lilac Marker, 3D Glaze Pens, Sponge

3 comments:

  1. Funny sentiment (and kinda true! lol) Cute card, Bonnie Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect personalized card made especially for your friend, Bonnie! She will love it!! Take care and keep safe and thanks for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha - Oh, that is soooo ME :-D Such a fun card.
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete