Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A Healing Prayer And Garden Plus More Never Before Used Schtuff


Hello and welcome.  Hope your holding up well during quarantine.  I've been trying to color and make cards/stuff as my migraines allow, or not.  It seems the migraines have been active more lately between the weather changes and stress from COVID-19 so I've been having to create while hurting like crazy.

Today I'm sharing a framed home decor item I made using the Healing Prayer image from Aurora Wings.  After I downloaded the image and colored using prismacolor and lyra pencils, I trimmed it down, stippled some tumbled glass distress ink for the sky and then added to an acrylic desk frame I've had in my stash for years and haven't used yet (NBUS).  I then pulled out a Sizzix vine/leaf die, a bunch of Martha Stewart punches, a stack of scrap card stock and got to work to make my own garden.  After die cutting a few of the leaf vines, I added them to the frame using Ranger's glossy accents for the "glue".  I then punched out a bunch of smaller leaves, flowers and the larger butterflies using the Martha Stewart punches also adhering using the Ranger glossy accents.  I softened the punched pieces by using my Making Memories metal embosser (old school!).  My final embellishment was adding gold ice stickles to the butterfly's body and the flower centers.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.  Especially since it took over a week to make thanks to my migraines.

Challenges entered:

Stamps By Aurora Wings April Facebook Group Challenge - Anything Goes 
Pixies Crafty Workshop #376 - Anything Goes Use Those Snippets 
Never Before Used Schtuff (NBUS) - Use Your Stash/NBUS 
Outlawz Festive Friday April 17th to 30th - Anything Goes 
Arty Divas #20 - Anything Goes 
Splitcoaststampers USEIT2020 - Use Your Stash 

 Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

Stamps: Aurora Wings
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
Card Stock: Neenah White, Scraps/Snippets
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Martha Stewart Punches, Prismacolor and Lyra Pencils, Blender Pencil, Stipple Brush, Sizzix Leafy Vine Die, Big Shot, Ranger Glossy Accents, Soft Mouse Pad, Making Memories Metal Embossing Tool, Acrylic Frame, Gold Ice Stickles

3 comments:

  1. Your designs are beautiful, Bonnie, in spite of all the effort it takes to do them because of the pain from your migraines. I admire you for persevering because the results are amazing! Thanks for linking again and I hope you get a break soon from the migraines. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful result Bonnie - a week well spent I think. I'm so sorry to read about your migraines - i suffered for years with those - then they stopped after 'a certain age'. Just like that.

    Stay safe and it's lovely to see you playing along.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - love all the details you've added.

    Thanks for joining us at the Arty Divas Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete