Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Mermaids And Snowmen Plus More NBUS


Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a couple of cards I made while trying at the time to "deal" and "focus" on something other than my health.  You see, with all of the fires burning in California right now, my asthma is causing some breathing problems.  My chronic migraines are also not happy.


The first card I'm sharing I made using the Journey Home digital image from Aurora Wings.  My image is colored using both prismacolor and copic markers then highlighted with diamond ice stickles, sand dollar brads, silk flowers, pearls, stickers and small googlie eyes for the fish.  My card was made using Stampin Up card stock and the retired Sandy Shells wheel.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Aurora Wings #70 - Sketch Challenge
Outlawz Songs and Rhymes - Little Mermaid

My second card is made using the Snowman Blocks digi from Bugaboo Stamps.  The image is colored using both prismacolor and copic markers with Tim Holtz broken china distress ink stippled around it.  The card base is made using scrap card stock, and scrap designer paper I've had for years.  The borders are dry embossed scrap card stock using the Cuttlebug snowflakes embossing folder.  I highlighted portions of the snowman blocks using a blue gel pen then added some snowflake and bell brads before popping the panel up using pop dots.  I finished with three small metal stickers.



I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Stella Says Sketch #613
Outlawz Festive Fridays - FF081718

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!


Stamps: Aurora Wings Journey Home, Bugaboo Snowman Blocks
Ink: Tim Holtz Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Stampin Up Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise
Card Stock: Stampin Up!, Designer Paper Scraps
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Pop Dots, Silk Flowers, Pearl Bling, Brads, Metallic Bling Stickers, Googlie Eyes

6 comments:

  1. Yes, the air has been far from clear here in CA, Bonnie. So sorry it's affecting your health so strongly. Glad you've gotten some relief with coloring. I sure love your striking colors here and your creative take on the sketch. I'm a huge fan of googly eyes, too. How fun! Thanks so much for joining our Sketch Challenge at Aurora Wings. Love your Christmas card, too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are struggling right now Bonnie, but glad to see you are staying positive and trying to focus on something else. Love the image on your card and the colors of the fish .. so bright ... the googlie eyes ae a nice touch!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for sharing!
    (Hugs) Cara
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful take on the Aurora Wings Sketch challenge Bonnie, I just love you vibrant colours in this stunning creation :) :) Hope you are feeling better soon and thank you for taking part in our challenge this month. Love and hugs, Mimi xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling a little better now Bonnie. Just love those fish and their googly eyes. Superb take on the sketch too and beautiful striking colours. Thanks for joining in with our Sketch challenge at Aurora Wings. Good luck.
    Dawn DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling a little better, Bonnie. Great to see a beautiful card with the mermaid image. The bright naturalistic palette looks great, and I adore the little googlie eyes on the fish! Thank you for joining our sketch challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card ... love the colours.. thank you so much for joining our challenge #70 at Aurora Wings challenge blog.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and Good luck.. *wink*.. love
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete