Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Knowledge Is Power


Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card I made for a couple of challenges using a retired set from My Favorite Things called I Heart Books.  Since I was going with a "back to school" theme, I pulled out a brown paper lunch bag to use as the base of my card before adding some retired Basic Grey designer paper and sponging Tim Holtz fired brick distress ink around the edges of the card.  I then stamped the images in memento tuxedo black ink onto scraps of white card stock and colored them using both prismacolor and copic markers.  I then cut out all of the colored images and popped up the reading child and added the book worm to the inside.  The only embellishments added are some red bakers twine, brads, and a couple of prima flowers with a bling center.


Inside



Challenges entered:

Pammies Inky Pinkies 1834 - Anything Goes
Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes - Wheels On The Bus SAR08262018
Not Just Cards - August Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

Stamps: MFT I Heart Books
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Fired Brick
Card Stock: Scraps, Basic Grey Life Of The Party Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Sponge, Brown Paper Lunch Bag, Bakers Twine, Prima Flowers, Bling, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at NJC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love the accents you used, esp on the inside <3 What a great way to finish up a card!! Thanks for sharing with us all at PIP Challenges :)
    Wendy PIP DT
    http://Hi-Regards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete