Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Black Cat ATC's

 

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share some ATC's (artist trading cards) I made using the free collage sheet provided called Black Cat Moon for the monthly ATC challenge over at  Gecko Galz.  I decided to make three of them from the collage and try stretching my creativity a bit.  Now, let me divert momentarily to say I LOVE black cats.  Lost both of mine during the pandemic to old age (one at 17, the other at 19), and they were sisters/litter mates until the end. 


I started out by printing the collage sheet on Neenah white card stock before cutting out all of the elements.  Taking the blue moon cat first, I layered it using a black scrap before layering more using the blue/gold background from the collage before one more layering on to a navy card stock scrap.  As an after thought, I went and distressed the edges of my layering before taking a navy marker to run along the sides of the ATC layers.  I embellished my ATC using a small bow sticker, brads, some Crafty Meraki Midnight Shimmer Illusion, color spritzed the navy marker over everything and diamond ice stickles to highlight the moon and white flowers. 

Next I took the black cat with the floral crescent moon.  Pulling out my Castle Arts watercolor pencils, I colored the flowers/leaves with them before stippling memento tuxedo black ink around the image using a paper pouncer then layered it using scraps before adding some tiny black brads.  I then layered that panel on to the blush/navy/black background from the collage before layering again on scrap black card stock.  I then dug through my sentiments stash and pulled out a small "Hello" clear stamp and added that to the bottom right corner before color spritzing the navy marker over everything.  For the remaining embellishments, I added diamond ice stickles, Crafty Meraki bling and a small piece of black fibers to the bottom left corner.  


For the last one, I took the grey/gold background, layered that and added some tiny white brads.  I then fussy cut the black cat and moon out before gluing them to the ATC.  I then dug out a long retired Small Script wooden set from Stampin Up, and stamped the "wish" between my cat and moon.  Once that was finished, I dug out of my stash some silver Stampendous class-a-peel star stickers, added those to the ATC before adding the diamond ice stickles to highlight the light parts of the moon.  The final embellishments were two googlie eyes on the peeking cat for an added touch of whimsy and silver star stickers I've had for years.  I am extremely happy with how these all turned out.  Fortunately, the migraine meds were taking the edge off enough to assemble/create everything.  

Challenges entered:
 
Park Hopping My Happy Place May 2024 - Anything Goes Theme Park Optional Hello Kitty (inspired by the Haunted Mansion Disneyland and Disneyland's feral cat colony)
Creatalicious #276 - Something New (digital black cat collage)

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gecko Galz Black Cat Collage
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Picket Fence Distress Ink (back of ATC)
Card Stock: Neenah White; Scraps
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Googlie Eyes, Color Spritzer, SU Night of Navy Marker, Brads, Glue Dots, Diamond Ice Stickles, Castle Arts Watercolor Pencils, Distressing Tool, Glue, Bling, Bow, Fiber, Star Sticker
 

2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely FANTASTIC! I think my favorte is the black cat on the bottom. So cute!!! Thanks for the remind of the feral cat colony at Disneyland; I miss them. Welcome to our challenge & we can't wait to see what you create next. Have a great evening! 🎨🎢🌟 Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely set of ATCs. Thank you for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy Challenge.
    Anne - CCDT

    ReplyDelete