Thursday, April 18, 2024

A Joyful Old Fashioned Santa

Hello and welcome.  I have another card I made while trying to focus on something else and not the migraine.  I've had to do something because nothing was touching it, or even taking the edge off plus I know crying will just hurt more.  I've had this pre-colored Santa image printed for a couple of weeks for the Gecko Galz© monthly Christmas challenge and I'm finally assembling it.

I started out by digging through my stash of designer paper and discovered this Recollections© Christmas paper I've had for years and haven't finished using it yet.  Once I had it adhered to my card base, I layered the Santa image and added brads before adhering it to my card using pop up glue dots.  I then dug through my embellishment stash and discovered this wooden JOY.  So I pulled that out, then pressed it into a Tim Holtz© picket fence distress ink pad to "paint" it.  Once I had the coverage I wanted, I then glued it to my card right under the Santa.  The final touches were some red/gold/navy fibers I've had for years and some Crafty Meraki midnight shimmer illusion bling around Santa's head and also the "dot" for JOY.

Challenges entered:
 
Peace On Earth #61 - See Mood Board (inspired by snow, pine branches, color red)
 
 
Peace On Earth
 
Christmas Craft Creations
 
 
Christmas Crafts All Year Round
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up; Recollections
Accessories: Computer, Printer, JOY, Bling, Brads, Pop Up Glue Dots, Meraki Bling

 
 

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the embellishments on the fold. Thank you for joining us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a great weekend! 🎨🎢🌟 Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great card love the Santa and colors. Thank you for joining us at TH&ICC DT Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous look for GG Santa! xoxo

    ReplyDelete