Friday, September 29, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday September Edition

 
 
Hello and welcome to another edition of  Woodblock Wednesday where we're showing some love for all of our woodblock stamps.  Remember those stamps we all just had to have and just collected?  We've all done that.  For my card this month, I created another Christmas card using an old, retired, Stampin Up set called The Gift Of Love.  I've had this set for years and haven't used much, if at all.

I started out by stamping the image and saying in memento tuxedo black ink before coloring using both Lyra and Castle Arts pencils.  Once my coloring was finished, I stippled Tim Holtz chipped sapphire and brushed corduroy distress inks before layering and adding brads.  I then adhered the image panel to an espresso card base before adding small, retired, Gin and Tonic star sequins from Picket Fence Studios then highlighted the Christmas Star using a Castle Arts gold glitter gel pen. I'm please with how this turned out since I'm still stamping with a migraine.

Challenges entered:
 
Jingle Belles Rock Sept 2023 - Inspired By A Story/Movie (I went with the Christmas Story the greatest story ever told) 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Stampin Up
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire, Brushed Corduroy
Accessories: PFS Blending Brushes, Lyra and Castle Arts Pencils, Glue, Brads, Gel Pen, Star Sequins

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty and meaningful Christmas card! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. so super pretty bonnie lynn. Thanks for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty and sweet card! So pleased you could join our Stories of Christmas fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete