Thursday, September 21, 2023

Recycled Alabaster Box

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a recycled Hills Bros. Cappuccino French Vanilla coffee container that I turned into an Alabaster box (to keep money in for our church's missions program) using packing from a Chewy order and some wood block stamps I received last year from a friend who had to downsize her stamp collection while moving across the county.  

I started out by adhering the paper packing to my coffee container using 5/8" Scor-Tape.  I then stamped my church image (Design Objectives) and both sayings (Believe - Hero Arts) (John 3:16 Printworks) onto scrap vanilla card stock in memento tuxedo black before coloring the church using copic markers.  Once the coloring was finished, I stippled Tim Holtz stormy sky lightly around the church using my Picket Fence blending brushes before layering it, and my John 3:16 panel, to scrap espresso card stock before adding copper brads to both.  I then adhered both panels to the coffee container using glue dots.  I now die cut two crosses using a Spellbinders Shapeability Cross die I've had for years and only used once or twice.  After adhering the crosses to the side panels using mini glue dots, I added copper ice stickles to the adhered crosses as my final embellishment.  I then cut a slit for the money in the plastic top of my new alabaster box to finish it up.  I've included pictures of all four sides:

both of the cross side panels are identical

Challenges entered:

Snippets Playground #463 - Use Those Snippets (recycled paper, scrap card stock used)

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

Stamps: Printworks; Design Objectives; Hero Arts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Stormy Sky
Card Stock: Scraps
Accessories: Chewy Packing Paper, Big Shot, Copic Markers, Spellbinders Cross Dies, Copper Ice Stickles, Brads, Glue Dots

 

5 comments:

  1. Super looking box for your church.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a lovely classic collection box. Thanks for sharing this at Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project with a wonderful purpose! I love up-cycling/recycling projects; so many wonderful ideas here! Lovely stamp and the cross die cuts are beautiful! So happy you shared with us at The Outlawz AG in a Card Free Zone! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to see something different to a card or ATC in the Snippets Playground - we are open to all things using snippets, always! Here's hoping the collection box will soon be filled to the brim!

    Hugs
    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project! Great ideThank you for sharing with us at the Outlawz AG in a Card Free Zone.

    ReplyDelete