Tuesday, April 4, 2023

A Swirly Bon Appetit!

Hello and welcome.  I'd like to share another card made for Splitcoaststampers VSN challenges.  For this one, I decided to pull out one of my favorite Stampin Up sets Viola and Viola To Go.  Unfortunately, they're both retired.  I sold my set back in 2016 in a panic when we had to move and regretted that ever sense.  Finally found a replacement set on the secondary market that I didn't have to sign over my first born plus not have to pay a crazy amount.  I digress.

I started out by stamping my chef, spaghetti and saying in memento tuxedo black ink onto a scrap of white Hammermill card stock before coloring everything using both my prismacolor and copic markers.  Once the coloring was finished, I layered everything before adding brads and setting aside.  My card is dry embossed using a Sizzix swirl embossing folder and my big shot.  After the dry embossing was finished I adhered the layered image onto the card using glue dots.  Taking a black gel pen, I highlighted the "Bon Appetit", chef's mustache and neck scarf to help them stand out a bit more.  I'm really pleased with how this turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers MAR23VSNA - Spaghetti (my swirls embossing folder, spaghetti bowl, saying, chef's neck scarf)
Park Hopping My Happy Place April 2023 - Anything Goes Inspired By A Theme Park (my inspiration is the FOOD at Disneyland/Downtown Disney the last time I was there)
 
Park Hopping My Happy Place
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Brads, Glue Dots, Sizzix Swirls Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Black Gel Pen

1 comment:

  1. 🖤🖤🖤 this! You can never go wrong with the combination of red, white and black. This fella is too adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Park Hopping, My Happy Place. I hope you have a creative and peaceful week! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete