Thursday, April 27, 2023

Enjoy The Little Things

 

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card I made a few weeks ago but haven't had the chance to photograph and upload thanks to my migraine.  The appointment I had yesterday with the new neurologist went really well and I've gotten some answers to several things and possibly a new course of treatment.  One thing I did learn is that my long haul COVID is definitely adding to my migraine issues, so if you have not gotten your COVID vaccination, please get it ASAP.  You don't want to end up with my health issues.  
 
Ok, now back to my card.  I bought this stamp set from Colorado Craft Company, or 3C, during their end of year sale and still haven't used it yet (NBUS).  Unfortunately, it's retired now but is from the Lovely Legs collection called Enjoy Every Moment.  I was inspired by Splitcoaststampers March Virtual Stamp Nights MAR23VSND Seafood challenge.  I started out by stamping the image, and saying, in memento tuxedo black onto scrap Hammermill white card stock before cutting it down to adhere as a mini slimline card.  After coloring it using both my prismacolor and copic markers, using my Picket Fence Studios blending brushes, I stippled some Tim Holtz broken china distress ink and Adirondack caramel ink around the edges before layering and adding some white mini brads.  Once I was finished layering, I decided to add some of the left over broken china ink that was still on my brush to help color in the sky a bit more and give the appearance of clouds/fog.  The final touches were adding some waterfall ice stickles and Sparkle Midnight Shimmer bling from Crafty Meraki.  I really love that there's some tiny bling gems in the set.

Challenges entered:
 
Time Out Challenges #237 - Fashionable (swimsuit, top, hat - see board)
 
 

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Colorado Craft Company
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Broken China; Adirondack Caramel
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, PFS Blending Brushes, Brads, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles, Bling, Glue

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Great image and it's all colored up beautifully. I certainly do agree with that sentiment, too. I hope your migraines are better soon. Thanks for linking up with us at Little Red Wagon this week. - Shani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bunny Lynn! What a fabulous card. That image is classic and the colors just make it all look so life-like. It's fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Have a blessed week.
    Karen L
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very refreshing card, nice work. So glad you had a good appt. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! I love your stylish swimmer lady and its great that you created a full scene for her. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks like she's ready to dive right in, Bonnie, after she takes her hat off of course. Such a great image and beautifully colored. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete