Sunday, September 18, 2022

Prickly Fall Coffee

 Hello and welcome.  I don't know about you, but I am so ready for the seasons to change..and soon!  I've had enough of summer thanks to this year's record breaking heat.  The best part about fall arriving is Pumpkin Spice Latte's!  Yes!!!  So my card today basically takes a "summer" stamp and turned it into a fall card.

I started out by stamping my images from Newton's Nook Cuppa Cactus in memento tuxedo black ink onto some scrap white card stock before coloring using both prismacolor and copic markers.  I then went and stippled some Stampin Up ink (garden green, apricot appeal, pumpkin pie) around my colored image before layering and adding brads then adhering it to my card base using pop up glue dots.  After I had adhered my layered image, I decided I should have distressed the edges of the layers so I used a fingernail along the edge to distress it for me.  After adding some thread along the side, I added some flowers punched from more scrap card stock using Ranger's Glossy Accents.  The final touches were ice stickles in the center of the flowers and a black glitter gel pen highlighting the cactus spines before spritzing some garden green marker ink.   I'm really happy with how this turned out since I made it while still dealing with a migraine.

Challenges entered:
 
Inky Paws Challenge #182 - Color Theme (see pic below, color challenge)
The Four Seasons - September 2022 Fall (see pic below, inspired by colors)
Splitcoaststampers F4A656 - Pick A Season (I went with end of summer/beginning of fall) 
 
Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge
 
The Four Seasons Challenge
 
Inspiration Station 

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 
Stamps: Newton's Nook
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Garden Green, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie
Card Stock: Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Brads, Pup Up Glue Dots, Fingernail, MS Punch, Glossy Accents, Thread, Color Spritzer Tool, Stampin Up Garden Green Marker

10 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful! Great way to use summer stamps for fall cards! I too love fall but summer is my favorite season and will miss seeing all the butterflies in my garden around my Zinnias.
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at Four Seasons challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use stamp sets all year round, and the sentiment is so fun! Thanks for playing along in our challenge at The Inspiration Station. We appreciate the support and love seeing everyone's projects.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you can find multiple ways to use something. Your card is just that. Thank you for sharing your Fun and Playful creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Four Seasons. We're always so grateful to have you join us and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Have a blessed and creative week.
    Karen L, DT
    The Four Seasons Challenge
    https://thefourseasonschallenge.blogspot.com
    https://karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be super proud with all the pain you are having, it's beautiful and I love the punched flowers, perfect touch. Hope you get some relief time soon, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the added flowers to your cactus blooms! So glad you were inspired by the Inky Paws Challenge colors! Thanks for sharing with us!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great use of the challenge colors! I love the flowers on the cactus! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a CREATIVE use of the colors. I wish I would have thought of this. Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge. Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a clever card! I just bought this stamp set and am having such fun. Thanks for getting your colors on at Inky Paws!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Bonnie, what a lovely card you've made there - love the image and your colour choices are perfect. Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge this time. Sarah - DT

    ReplyDelete