Thursday, September 22, 2022

Lighting Candles and Listening Friends

Hello and welcome.  Although I'm still dealing with migraines, I needed a couple of birthday cards for some in-laws so I decided to pull out my Art Impression Fire Out set to make one.  I just LOVE this set to use for nice snarky birthday cards.  My late step-dad would have loved this set too since he was a fire captain for Cal Fire here in California. 

I started out by stamping my image/saying in memento tuxedo black ink onto a white scrap before coloring using Lyra and Castle Arts pencils.  Once my coloring was finished, I stippled some Tim Holtz Tattered Rose distress ink and Stampin Up Rose Red ink around/over the image panel before layering and adding some brads.  I then added the layered panel onto a rose red card that was dry embossed using a Cuttlebug birthday embossing folder and my big shot. I then stippled more rose red ink around the edges of the card.  The only other embellishments added was a pink organdy ribbon on the side and using a Sakura 3D glaze pen for the glasses.

Challenges entered:
Shopping Our Stash #479 - Hey (h)Ombre (I went with different layers of pink to red)
 

 

 

My second card to share is using an adorable Pooh and Piglet image from Dina Kowal Digital designs.  The image is Classic Pooh and I love how some of the images in the set are already combined for an A2 sized card.  Although I can work with digital stamps, I'll admit to still trying to figure out my Photoshop program.  

After printing the image onto Hammermill white card stock, I colored is using my dusty Prismacolor watercolor pencils and blender marker.  Once my coloring was finished, I stippled some Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass and Walnut Stain around the edges of the colored image and my card base.  Once I had my image panel layered, I added some faux brads before adding to my card.  The card base also had a panel of Classic Pooh digital paper.  The only embellishments added was some primas flowers I've had for years and some crystal ice stickles highlighting the snowy path, faux brads, and center of the flowers along with some kraft thread on the side.

Challenges entered:
As You Like It Sept 2022 - Favorite Metallic or Glitter (ice stickles glitter glue because it's the easiest way to add sparkle when you have cats in the house)
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of your week.

Light The Candles card:
Stamps: Art Impressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Rose Red
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Lyra and Castle Art Pencils, Blender Marker, Sakura 3D Glaze Pen, Ribbon, Brads, Pop Up Glue Dots, PFS Blending Brushes, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Birthday Embossing Folder
 
Friend Listens Pooh
Stamps: Dina Kowal Digital Designs
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Walnut Stain
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up; Dina Kowal Digital Classic Pooh DP
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils, Blender Markers, Crystal Ice Stickles, Small Hole Punch, MS 2-Way Glue Pen, Prima Flowers, Kraft Thread, Glue Dots, PFS Blending Brushes

10 comments:

  1. Snort too funny ... those ombre pinks are perfection ... so very glad you joined us for our Hey (h)Ombre Challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I am loving your pretty in pink ombre card!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our Hey (H)Ombre challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie,
    these are fabulous makes and such lovely designs too.
    Your first is so funny and will make the recipient laugh that's for sure.
    Your Winnie card is also fabulous and such a lovely woodland scene.
    Beautifully coloured and and inked.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards, love the art impressions image, too funny! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards! Love your Winnie the Pooh!
    Thank you for joining in at Festive Fridays Challenge!
    Val - DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Art Impressions stamps, they’re such fun! Great job with this one! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday Anything Goes 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  7. That made me chuckle, I might need that soon! Perfect card for anyone not taking themselves too seriously and beautiful inking. And your WTP card is gorgeous. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first card is so fun! And the second is absolutely precious. What a fabulous, fabulous sentiment and of course the Pooh and Piglet image is darling!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with you about glitter glue and love the look it has given your lovely cards. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE that AI stamp as well, I have it and ought to use it more than I have. Wonderfully colored and designed card! That reminds me, for a Halloween card last year, I used her as an old version of Annie Potts in Ghostbusters, telling a ghost Happy Halloween Whaddaya Want? (like she answered the phone in the movie). She looks like an old her! hahaha xoxo

    ReplyDelete