Thursday, February 17, 2022

Ye Ole "Fishin' Hole"

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a card I made for another brother in law's birthday.  Why an outhouse birthday card you ask?  Well when my mother in law was alive, no family gathering was complete without some sort of "bathroom humor".  This brother in law would get the joke right away since he has the same sense of humor as she did.  My card is using the digital image Ye Ole "Fishin Hole" (1466-DG) from Impression Obsession.  I've had this image for awhile and haven't used it yet (NBUS).  If you don't like digital images, and prefer rubber, you can get the Ye Ole "Fishin' Hole" stamp version here.  I absolutely LOVE the Gary Robertson line of stamps Impression Obsession carries.

I started out by printing my image onto Neenah white card stock before coloring with my dusty Lyra and Koh-I-Noor pencils (while my husband was watching the news) before stippling some Tim Holtz tumbled glass, broken china and mowed lawn distress inks around the colored image before layering.  Once I had added some vintage brads, I pulled out my paper distresser tool and ran it along the edges before adding it to my card using glue dots.  Waterfall ice stickles finish off the front..  

I decided to continue the finishing theme to the inside of my card by dusting off some long retired Stampin Up sets: Fishing, On Your Birthday, Watercolor Minis then stamped and colored the images including a hand drawn tree.  I then stippled some tumbled glass distress ink around the edges and adhered to my card.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.  Although I'm still not feeling too good thanks to COVID and another migraine, I'm really happy with how this turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great week.

Stamps: Impression Obsession; Stampin Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn, Broken China, Tumbled Glass; Stampin Up Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Kiwi Kiss
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up!
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Lyra Pencils, Koh-I-Noor Pencils, Brads, Glue Dots, Distresser Tool, Ice Stickles, Stipple Brushes
 

6 comments:

  1. What a great card and I love the story behind it. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your BIL will love it as it seems to be his type of humour - great card.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Love that you did the inside too! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, really beautiful colouring
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card. I don’t decorate the inside of my cards but this makes me think I should start. Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

    Prudence
    NBUS February Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your project!! Thank you for entering our Challenge in Through The Purple Haze. Claudia Martins DT/Coordinator.

    ReplyDelete