Saturday, February 19, 2022

Frogs, Hugs and Christmas Cheer

Hello and welcome.  First, a quick update on me and my health.  I think the new antibiotic for COVID is finally starting to help a bit.  I'm, at least, not coughing as much anymore and have most of my smell/taste back.  Still short of breath and hurting a lot with the migraine.  I do have three different cards made I'd like to share with you.

First up is a sympathy card made using some stamps from Picket Fence Studios.  I went with brighter colors for the card since pink and bright green are the recipient's favorites.  I started out by stamping the flowers from Simply Wonderful (retired) in Stampin Up pixie pink and regal rose inks and the ferns in granny apple green.  Once all of my flowers were stamped, I added the Paper Hug saying in memento black which I bought sometime in the last couple years and never used (NBUS).  I then layered it and added brads before adhering the panel to my card.  The only embellishments were brads and crystal ice stickles highlighting the rose centers.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Second, I have a Christmas card using the Christmas Cheer digital stamp set from Gracielle Design.  After printing the image onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using Castle Art pencils before stippling Tim Holtz mowed lawn distress ink around the edges then layered and added brads.  I then pulled out some tiny wooden hearts I received as a RAK and added those using Ranger glossy accents.  As an afterthought I colored the hearts using a red colored pencil before highlighting the coffee using my glossy accents.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Jingle Belles Rock
 
The last one to share is a fun card made using the My Pad digital image from Sheepski Designs.  After combining the image with a hand typed sentiment, I printed it onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using Koh-i-Noor pencils while my husband was watching the news.  Once the coloring was finished, I stippled Tim Holtz broken china, tumbled glass, and mowed lawn distress inks around it before layering and adding brads.  I then dry embossed the card using a retired Taylored Expressions braided embossing folder before stippling mowed lawn over the raised images.  After adding some copper cord, I added googlie eyes, sequins I didn't know I had, and ice stickles to finish it off.

Challenges entered:
 
 
IC846
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend.

Paper Hug Card

Stamps: Picket Fence Studios
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up!
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Brads, Ice Stickles

Cup Of Christmas Cheer

Stamps: Gracielle Design
Ink: Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Castle Art Pencils, Blender Pencil, Brads, Glue Dots, Stipple Brush, Ranger Glossy Accents, Wooden Hearts

My Pad

Stamps: Sheepski Designs
Ink: Tim Holtz Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Koh-i-Noor Pencils, Big Shot, Stipple Brushes, TE Braided Embossing Folder, Brads, Ice Stickles, Ranger Glossy Accents, Googlie Eyes, Sequins

15 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, Bonnie! And what a fun twist on our challenge over at Let's Squash It! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. all of your projects are beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better soon. Great cards, it's great that you're creating to help time pass and as therapy. So glad you shared with us at Critter Crazy, come back soon. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty card and a fun interpretation of the inspiration photo! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Just beautiful. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Challenge!! - Linh (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful coloring on your holiday coffee card ... so very glad you joined our Stocking Holiday at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work with this fun image

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the poinsettia frame - its so on-trend! Thankyou for sharing your creativity with us at The Colour Crazy Challenge - Vic, D.T x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute image and I always love a good punny sentiment - fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, thanks so much for sharing your card with us at CCCC! And nice to hear you are recovering too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A trio of gorgeous cards. As always, the colouring is impeccable. Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

    Prudence
    NBUS February Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw your frog card on the Squash It Challenge and just had to come over and check it out! Lovely colouring and that sentiment is genius!

    ReplyDelete