Thursday, February 10, 2022

It's Birthday Time!

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a birthday card I made for a few challenges.  I had found some laser cut wooden embellishments at the Dollar Tree ($1.25 for 6 embellies) and just had to find a way to use them especially since they matched so well with this Rubbernecker Stamps Watches #2 stamp (retired) I've also had for years and never used yet.

I started out by stamping directly onto some scrap Basic Gray designer paper I bought at Michael's several years ago for 10 cents (that's right $.10 cents) in Adirondack espresso ink before adding the stamped paper to a river rock card.  Once that was done, I lightly stippled matching river rock ink over the stamped images before stippling the espresso around the edges of my card.  After adding the wooden embellishments using Ranger glossy accents to adhere, I dusted off my Stampin Up Sincere Salutations (retired) set and stamped the saying in espresso ink onto scrap card stock before adding brads and stippling river rock around it.  I'm pretty happy with how this turned out especially since I'm still feeling pretty yucky from COVID.  I'm so hoping the new meds help me start feeling better.

Challenges entered:
 
 


 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!!

Stamps: Rubbernecker; Stampin Up
Card Stock: Stampin Up; Basic Gray Designer Paper Scrap
Ink: Stampin Up River Rock; Adirondack Espresso
Accessories: PFS Blending Brushes, Brads, Glue Dots, Wooden Clocks, Ranger Glossy Accents

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card. Right on point for our theme and a great masculine make. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card, and even better you used some goodies from your stash! The clock stamps and wooden embellies look fabulous together and I love the distressed look you have created. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just perfect for our clocks theme. A really great use of products you have on hand and wonderfully masculine. That background is beautifully done. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bonnie Lynn! I surfed over here to look at your Rock Out card from January because it so deservedly made Top 3 at TMR-congrats!, then admired once more your pine tree/clouds card as I saw it at Outlawz (and I've put that cloud stencil on my PF wishlist). Then read you got Covid, then went back and read your posts! What a horrid time you have had, I cannot imagine migraines and pulmonary on top of it. I'm immuno-compromised with 5 Arthritises that don't play nice with each other and I've been on house arrest since 3-1-2020, so your situation sent a shudder down my spine as that could so easily happen to me, no matter how careful. HUGS to you and I sure hope you are feeling better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Those wooden embellishments compliment the background so beautifully. Hope you’re feeling better as each day passes
    Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

    Prudence
    NBUS February Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a perfect entry for our challenge. Thank you for joining The Male Room "Clocks" -challenge. I hope to see you joining our new (starts tomorrow) challenge also.

    ReplyDelete