Wednesday, May 5, 2021

You Are Youer Than You

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card I made for one of the Teapot Tuesday challenges over on Splitcoaststampers.  Since the challenge was to take inspiration from the Sylvia Beach Hotel's rooms that are designed around books and their authors.  I chose the Dr Seuss room.  I read so many Dr Seuss books growing up and then read them to my own children that I just had to make a card based on his books.

I started out by printing my image onto Neenah white card stock then colored using Castle Art pencils before lightly stippling some Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink that I had remaining on my brush from another project.  Once  that was finished, I layered it, added brads and then as an afterthought, I used my fingernail to distress the edges of the image panel before adding it to the card.  I then added some ribbon, gold cord and prima flowers with a bling center to finish it off.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day, stay safe and please wear a mask so we can beat COVID.

Stamps: Bugaboo
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass
Card Stock: Neenah White, Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Ribbon, Gold Cord, Castle Art Pencils, Primas, Bling, Glue Dots, Fingernail, Brads, Stipple Brush

3 comments:

  1. That is lovely. I loved Dr Seuss too as a youngster :-D
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Thanks you for joining with us at Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge. Good luck with your entry
    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Polkadoodles challenge janet DT.

    ReplyDelete