Sunday, October 18, 2020

Isaiah 40:31

Hello and welcome.  This verse is one of my favorites and I was so thrilled to receive this stamp from a friend since it's perfect for any occasion especially just because and sympathy cards.  It took me a while to ink it up, but I'm so happy with the results.  Since the Isaiah verse is so big, I decided to make this into a slimline card.

I started out by stamping the verse (Stampabilities) in memento tuxedo black ink onto Hammermill white card stock before over-stamping an eagle (Rubber Monger) I've had in my stash for years in memento London fog ink then lightly stippling Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink around the edges and adding faux brads.  For the card itself, I created a background by repeatedly stamping the same eagle in stormy sky distress ink before stippling chipped sapphire distress ink around the edges.  After adding the layered image panel and adding a navy ribbon, I felt the card still needed something so I pulled out a retired MFT daisy die set and die cut two full daisies from scrap navy card stock.  I then punched some garden green scraps using a retired Martha Stewart fern punch.  After assembling my flowers, I added some class-a-peel stickers to the centers.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and stay safe out there!

Stamps: Stampabilities, Rubber Monger
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, London Fog; Tim Holtz Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink
Card Stock: Hammermill White, Stampin Up Night Of Navy, Scraps
Accessories: Big Shot, MFT Daisy Die-namics, Class A Peel Stickers, Stipple Brushes, Glue Dots, MS Fern Punch, Small Hole Punch, MS Glue Pen, Ribbon
 

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Bonnie - that verse looks amazing - I may have to investigate it further (oops, there goes my budget, and my resolve not to buy more...
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special stamp...and a lovely card! Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to create a slimline card so that the verse becomes the star of the card. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete