Friday, October 2, 2026

A Little Mixed Media For Christmas


 
  

Hello and welcome.  I'm guest designing this month over at the Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge blog.  Let me say how thrilled I am to be guest designing for them.   For my project this month, I decided to make an ornament for our Christmas tree using items from my stash I bought at Dollar Tree©, Michael's© a 1-2 years ago and hadn't used yet.
 
I started out by cleaning the clear ornament before adding some batting to the inside before adhering the child with snowball using Ranger glossy accents.  Once I had that done, I then added the "pine trees"  At this point, I decided to add some snow-tex paint directly onto the batting to help give it more texture.  After painting, and adhering, a Dollar Tree© wooden snowman, I dug out the "mom with presents" and added her to my scene.  While all of that dried, I added some snow-tex to the top of the ornament before adding a small foam bird I've had for years.  A ribbon hanger, stickles and confetti "snow" finished my ornament off.  My mixed media elements are: snow-tex, clear ornament, ribbon, bottle brush pine trees, figurines, stickles, batting, foam bird and confetti snow.
 

 
Challenges entered:
 
  
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and don't forget to join us this month at Creative Artiste.
 
 
  

4 comments:

  1. Bonnie what a beautiful make this is, a truly lovely make and Winter keepsake. Congratulations on being Creative Artiste's October Guest Designer it's a privilege to see you there. Thank you for creating this inspirational bauble..
    Happy creative October Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous ornament! So lovingly crafted, and I simply adore the scenery that you've depicted. Thank you so much for sharing this project as our guest this month on Creative Artiste! Hope you have a lovely October ahead. Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful Christmas bauble Bonnie. You've created a lovely and happy scene to display for winter.
    Thank you for being a fabulous Guest Designer for us at Creative Artiste this month xx

    ReplyDelete