Hello and welcome. Today I'd like to share with you a shadow box I made for this quarters Conjurer of Dreams Summer challenge. The challenge theme is - seaside shadow boxes. For mine, I decided to go with a Christmas seaside theme using a wooden box I found at Dollar Tree© a few months ago.
I started out by painting the box using a light blue acrylic paint before printing the Stained Glass Lighthouse three times as a 5x7 image. Once the printing was finished, I laid the box down on one of the printed images and traced around it before cutting out. I then adhered the trimmed pieces using Mod Podge before adding some Snow Tex along the inside. After that I added the lightpost, sled, snowman and trees by setting them in the Snow Tex©. I then added a battery operated votive, light down, on top using hot glue to hold it in place. The final touches were adding more Snow Tex© on top of the moss and along the sides of my shadow box.
Box with the votive light on:
I'm really happy with how this turned out.
Challenges entered:
Conjurer of Dreams Summer Challenge - Shadow Box (Christmas Seaside theme)
Peace On Earth #115 - See Mood Board Below (inspired by snowflakes, snowman)
CD Sunday Plus #187 - Anything Goes Digital (Conjurer of Dreams)
Time Out #317 - Water (ocean water in image)
Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day and don't forget to enter into the the challenges at Conjurer of Dreams.




A beautiful project,love your choice of image and embellishments,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic project! Thanks for linking up with us at 613 Avenue Create!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty and creative, love how it lights up!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Peace On Earth Co-Owner
A great project. Thank you for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteJocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT
Wow! I love this! A great make Bonnie Lynn.
ReplyDeletePamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.
This is fabulous! I too love lighthouses. We are going to stay in one for a week in September!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing with us.
Jo x
CD Sunday Plus DT
I do love a shadow box, they are fun to make and fabulous to enjoy looking and you have managed to mix 2 of my fav themes too. LOVE your creation, it is a feast for the eyes with every little detail and love how the lighthouse actually lights up. Thank you for joining us at https://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteWhat a clever take on our water challenge Bonnie! A beautiful Christmas Shadow Box which is sure to take pride of place at Chrsitmas! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges! :)
ReplyDeleteSo wonderfully creative! You've done a great job! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges:)
ReplyDelete