Monday, December 20, 2021

Joy To The World

Hello and welcome.  I'm playing along with a few challenges this Christmas week, so I thought I would bust out a retired clear set I've never used (NBUS) from The Cat's Pajamas called Joy To The World.  

Onefer
 
For my first project, I stamped the singing penguins, and musical notes, in memento tuxedo black ink and then colored using prismacolor and copic markers before highlighting one of the hats with a white 3D glaze pen.  I then stamped the saying also in memento black before highlighting using glitter gel pens.  I then took a Picket Fence Studio Slimline Cloud Stencil and added the background clouds using Picket Fence Blending Brushes and Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink.  After layering, and adding brads, I added the panel to a card made pacific pointe card stock and scrap gingham designer paper.  I then took a black artist pen and added the faux sewing, snow using a white 3D glaze pen, and some Gin and Tonic sequins using Ranger Glossy Accents.  The final touches were waterfall ice stickles (for snow/ice) and white/silver ribbon.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Twofer

Since I had the Joy set still sitting out on my desk, I decided to stamp the penguins, and musical notes, onto some scrap white Neenah card stock then colored using the same prismacolor/copic markers.  I then dusted off my snowflake corner punch and punched the top corners before creating my clouds background using the Picket Fence Slimline Cloud Stencil and blending brushes along with Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink to create my cloud background.  I then stippled broken china around the edges before layering then punching that with my Stampin Up scalloped tag punch.  After adding some "snowflakes" using a white 3D glaze pen, I added the punched snowflake bits (after stippling broken china on them) by adhering using Ranger glossy accents.  The final touches were waterfall ice stickles for the "ice" and ribbon to finish my tag off.

Challenges entered:
 
 
I'm please with how both of these turned out especially since I'm dealing with another migraine and it was either cry or try and focus on something else.  Also, my lung issues are flaring back up again I'm afraid.  
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a a great day and a safe Merry Christmas!

Joy To The World card

Stamps: TCP Joy To The World
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Designer Paper Scraps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Stormy Sky, Broken China; SU Pacific Pointe
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, PFS Slimline Cloud Stencil, PFS Blending Brushes, PFS Gin and Tonic Sequins, Ranger Glossy Accents, Ribbon, Sakura 3D Glaze Pens, Ice Stickles, Brads, Glue Dots

Penguin Tag
 
Stamps: TCP Joy To The World
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Broken China, Stormy Sky, Milled Lavender
Card Stock: Neenah White Scrap; SU
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Snowflake Corner Punch, SU Scalloped Tag Punch, Stipple Brush, PFS Slimline Cloud Stencil, PFS Blending Brushes, Ice Stickles, Sakura White 3D Glaze Pen, Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment