Monday, March 22, 2021

Scribbles, Flowers And Butterflies

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a project inspired by National Scribble Day on March 27th.  I've never heard about this day until recently, have you?  For my project, I'm using a never before used (NBUS) cute little image called A Kids View Butterflies from Bugaboo.

After printing my image three times onto Neenah white card stock to create a type of "banner", and then colored them using Castle Art pencils with a blender pencil. Once that was done, I took my Slim Line Cloud Coverage stencil from Picket Fence Studios and created my cloud background using their blender brushes and Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink.  I then took some Tim Holtz forest moss distress ink and created the ground cover also using the blender brushes.  Then came the fun part.  Taking an empty can of chickpeas, and rinsing it out then allowing to dry, I adhered my colored images/banner using Scrappy Tape making sure the entire "banner" was adhered completely.  Once that was finished, I found some dusty scrap tulip ribbon I've had for years and adhered that also using the Scrappy Tape.  I then dug out some old, old Sandylion Essentials flower/butterfly stickers and adhered those using glue dots since they were no longer "sticky".  The final touches were highlighting the butterfly trails using Sakura 3D black glaze pen and then diamond ice stickles to highlight the flower, and butterfly, centers.
 
Here are the other pics showing the "banner" going all the way around.
 

 


Challenges entered:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.   Don't forget to stop by Catch The Bug to see inspiration from more of the design team.  Have a great day, stay safe and please wear a mask!

Stamps: Bugaboo
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Forest Moss
Card Stock: Neenah White
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Empty Chickpea Can, Scrappy Tape, Castle Art Pencils, Blender Pencil, Glue Dots, Sandylion Essentials Stickers, PFS Cloud Stencil, PFS Blending Brushes, Sakura 3D Glaze Pen, Diamond Ice Stickles

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun project! I may have to give this a try! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge.  Please join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project to brighten up a craft table - thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job of repurposing your chickpea can! Cute and very nicely done! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome creation! Thank you for joining our Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    Merja DT
    https://kortitjakokkailut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your recycled can. Great image and lovely colour scheme.Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this month.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete