Thursday, March 18, 2021

Gus And The Calender WTF

Hello and welcome.  Today is Oldie But Goodie day over at Catch The Bug and I'm featuring a slim line card using one of my all time favorite Bugaboo Stamps called Gus Tidbits - WTF.  This image just cracks me up and is oh so appropriate after dealing with 2020 and the start of 2021.  

After combining the image, and saying, in MS Word then printing onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before blending some going grey ink around the edges of the image using some Picket Fence Studios blending brushes.  Once I was finished with the blending, I layered the image onto Stampin Up black and olive card stock.  For the card, I took white Neenah card stock and adhered some Basic Grey Motifica designer paper I had bought on clearance at Michael's several years ago and never used (NBUS) before blending old olive ink around the edges of the card then stamping a retired Stampin Up Sanded background stamp in brown ink.  I then took my old olive marker, ran it alongside the layered image before running a Tim Holtz distresser tool along the edges then added to the card.  I then took some dusty, yet never used (NBUS) Robins Nest fresh mowed grass dew drops and added them to the corners of the layered image as my "brads" and then added some to the bottom of the card.  My final embellishment was highlighting parts of the image using Sakura 3D glaze pens, old olive marker with color spritzer tool and a black artist pen.

Challenges entered:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day, stay safe and please wear a mask plus vaccinate so we can beat COVID.

Stamps: Bugaboo; Stampin Up
Ink: Stampin Up Old Olive, Going Grey
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, PFS Blending Brushes, Dew Drops, Glue Dots, Sakura 3D Glaze Pens, SU Old Olive Marker, Color Spritzer Tool

7 comments:

  1. Such a fun card and a great sentiment too.

    Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Wednesday, Thursday, Friday comment- such a fun card!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and fun, gotta love Gus..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great fun card and I love the sentiment. I think we all feel a bit like that at the moment. Thank you for sharing your lovely design with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous fun image and sentiment,great colouring and love the B.paper.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create,hope you will join us again
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun card beautifully made.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely fun card, great sentiment
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete