Monday, January 28, 2019

Surfing Penguin Kindness


Hello all.  Second post from me today.  If you're looking for my snowman card, please scroll down one post.

I've been having a lot of issues with my migraines lately, so coloring and card making have been hit and miss.  For this card, I pulled out and dusted off some retired Stampin Up sets and showed them some love.   I stamped the penguin from Penguin Paradise onto some scrap white card stock then colored using both prismacolor and copic markers before layering on more scrap card stock.  I then stamped the card using the flamingo trio stamp from Tickled Pink in turquoise ink before over stamping the saying from Heard From The Heart.  I then took a scrap of orange card stock, stamped it and sponged around the edges before popping up my penguin panel over it.  The only embellishments added were some turquoise brads and ice stickles highlighting the waves.

Challenges entered:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop #344 - Anything Goes
Pammies Inky Pinkies #1904 - Anything Goes
Splitcoast Teapot Tuesday #548 - Sunny Thoughts
Crafting From The Heart #235 - Anything Goes
Outlawz Thursday Twist Jan17 - Anything Goes With Twist Layers

Thank you for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Stampin Up Penguin Paradise, Tickled Pink, Heard From The Heart
Ink: Memento Black, SU Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange
Card Stock: Stamping Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Sponges, Brads, Dimensionals, Ice Stickles

3 comments:

  1. Darling card! Hope your migraine is gone and you can get your mojo up and running so we can see more of your great creativity at PIP Challenges1
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I had years of migraines so I genuinely feel your pain. I probably was about the same age as you are now - so do please believe me that it will pass in time. Meanwhile - OMG - a surfing penguin, although he's doing it sat/sitting down. Made me really laugh here in the UK. Goodness know we do need something to laugh about over here right now, sigh.

    Am going to send Dudley the Dog out dancing and busking. Yup that little guy can dance on his back legs no problem! Funnier to see from behind when his little rear end is doing the 'wiggle dance'!!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic fun card and images, love how you've stamped the flamingo's in the background. Being a sufferer of migraines i know how debilitating they can be. Emmax

    ReplyDelete