Monday, January 21, 2019

Hey Friend



Hello and welcome.  Since I'm still trying to keep my mind occupied so I don't dwell on the loss of Bella (story here), I'd like to share a card I've made using some "unloved" Paper Smooches stamps.  I have no idea how long they've been buried in my stash.  Suffice it to say, they've been there a while. 

I started out by stamping the carrot from Vegtastic, in memento tuxedo black ink onto white card stock then colored using both prismacolor and copic markers.  I then stamped another carrot on to some scrap card stock, colored, and cut out to pop up later.  I then stamped my saying from the now retired Calorie Free set in black above the carrots before stippling Tim Holtz old paper and tumbled glass distress inks lightly over and around the panel.  Once that was done, I sponged some Stampin Up artichoke dye ink on the sides of the image panel before layering it.  I then stamped a scrap artichoke border panel in matching ink before adding to an orange card with a scrap designer paper carrot panel.  After sponging some more artichoke ink around the edges of the card, I added the stamped border before popping up my main image panel over the border.  The final touches were some artichoke brads, the popped up single carrot, and three sunflowers I've had in my stash for years; and I mean YEARS.

Challenges entered:

Not Just Cards - January Anything Goes
Splitcoaststampers Use It 2019 - Use Old Unloved Stamps or Dies
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #98 - Anything Goes
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Jan 17-30th - Anything Goes Using Layers Twist

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Paper Smooches
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Old Paper, Stampin Up Always Artichoke
Card Stock: Stampin Up, Scrap Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Dimensionals, Brads, Glue Dots, Silk Sunflowers, Stipple Brushes, Sponge


1 comment:

  1. Hi Bonnie, a lovely card for a friend, thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.. good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete