Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Quiet Day Fishing

Second post for me today.  If you're looking for my Technique Junkie blog hop card, please scroll down one post.

I've had this fishing hole idea floating around in my head since Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company released the new Scenic Selections and Get Reel stamp sets and finally got a chance to put it to card stock when I saw the challenges for this weeks Party Time Tuesday's and Tuesday Throwdown.  I remember my dad taking me fishing and camping during the summer months while in elementary school.  I had so much fun and wanted to capture those memories.

I started out by stamping my images in memento tuxedo black ink onto MFP snow storm smooth and then colored with koh-i-noor pencils and a blender marker.  Once I coloring was done, I pulled out my stipple brushes and stippled some Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink and then along the sides before sponging my lake using Tim Holtz chipped sapphire distress ink and then stippling forest moss along the bottom.  Once I was satisfied with my ink coverage, I stamped some extra rocks and a butterfly, colored them, and cut out to pop up using pop dots before adding some vintage brads and highlighting the water ripples and grass with copic spica pens.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day.

Stamps: MFP Scenic Selectsion, Get Reel
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire, Tumbled Glass, Forest Moss
Card Stock: MFP
Accessories: Koh-I-Noor Pencils, Blender Marker, Stipple Brushes, Sponge, Pop Dots, Copic Spica Pens, Brads

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, This brings back memories of my dad, too. He always took me fishing with him when I was a youngster. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing in the Masculine challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week and I hope we see your creative work again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete