Friday, May 11, 2012

Hello Magnolia's - May Just One Swap

Hello and welcome to the weekend!!  Last night I decided to try a new technique called cascading images even though my migraine was giving me fits and the pain meds were not working.  So I figured it was either stamp or cry....stamping won out! ;)

I started out by stamping my main magnolia image from Mother's Magnolias by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company in memento tuxedo black onto snow storm smooth card stock and then again onto plain photocopy paper to cut out and use as a mask for my cascading images.  Once my mask was cut out, I added some removable tape to the back, and then stamped the remaining two images before coloring with prismacolor markers.

Once my coloring was finished, I stamped the saying from Hello Butterflies and then the small butterfly from the new Scenic Selections being released on May 15th.  I kept everything pretty simple by adding pearl heart brads as the only embellishments for my card.

I also decided to enter my card into a couple of new challenge blogs I just discovered last night.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: MFP Hello Butterflies, Mother's Magnolias, Scenic Selections
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: All MFP
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Photocopy Paper, Removable Tape, Pearl Heart Brads

2 comments:

  1. Love what you have done here with the masking, it looks fab! Thanks for joining us at CMM. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful image.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete