Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday June 2023

 


 

Hello and welcome to another edition of Woodblock Wednesday where the challenge is to pull out those woodblock stamps that are collecting dust and show them some love again.  I bought the Stampabilities ©Peanuts stamp almost 20 yrs ago and to this day it's still one of my favorites even though I don't use it much.  The stamp image along is long enough to make a mini slimline card, and that was before slimline cards were a "thing".  The Art Impressions saying I bought at a stamp convention around the same time as the ©Peanuts one.
 
After stamping the image in memento tuxedo black ink, I colored the image using both prismacolor and copic markers before adding the clouds using a Picket Fence Studios slimline cloud stencil, tumbled glass distress ink and my Picket Fence Studios blending brushes. I then stippled the grass using my brushes and Tim Holtz mowed lawn distress ink.  I then adhered the panel to a blue slimline card before highlighting the saying using a black Castle Arts gel pen.
 
Here are my stamps used:
 

 

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and don't forget to join us for this month's Woodblock Wednesday.  

Stamps: Stampabilities; Art Impressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up Pacific Pointe
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, PFS Slimline Cloud Stencil, PFS Blending Brushes, Black Gel Pen

6 comments:

  1. Great card, what a fabulous scene. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so FUN Bonnie Lynn! Love that stamp + sentiment! Thanks for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just terrific, Bonnie Lynn - great way to combine the challenges, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! This sentiment is needed for my stash...I love it!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Snoopy & Linus…perfect for our “Let’s Hear It For The Boys” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Thanks for sharing your creativity and playing along with our challenge!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS498

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie, hope you are having good health days. This card is simply adorable! Love it lots! Perfect pairing of image and sentiment, too, lol. Stay cool! XXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you've kept this wonderful stamp all these years. We've all had days/weeks like that. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete