Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Woodblock Wednesday

 

 
 
Hello and welcome.  Today is another Woodblock Wednesday challenge.  I'm loving these fun monthly challenges because it's forcing me to pull out those wood stamps and actually use them instead of collecting them.  
I've had this Garfield© stamp for, what seems like, ages.  I found it at my local Michael's but the saying I found in an online store years ago. The card uses the coffee bean trio from a retired Stampin Up Espress Yourself set.
 
I started out by stamping Garfield, and the saying, in memento tuxedo black on some scrap white card stock before coloring using Castle Arts pencils.  Once my image panel was layered, I added some faux brads since I didn't have any matching ones so I just made my own.  My card is stamped in Tim Holtz broken china distress ink before stippling the edges in the same ink.  Once my card was finished, I added my layered image panel before adding some prima flowers with ice stickles centers and some blue fiber around the edge.  I'm happy with how this turned out considering I've been dealing with migraines and some health challenges lately.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Rubber Stampede (Garfield); Art Impressions (saying); Stampin Up (coffee bean)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Broken China
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Castle Arts Pencils, PFS Blending Brushes, Fibers, Prima Flowers, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles, 3D Glaze Pens
 
#woodblockwednesday

4 comments:

  1. Bonnie Lynn, I love it! The garfield with the coffee mug AND the fun sentiment! Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see a post, was wondering about you! Love this card, the eyelash fiber was a perfect touch and Garfield is always funny as is that sentiment. Prayers to feel better, XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to chuckle at Garfield and the sentiment, what a wonderful card. I hope your migraines etc. heal soon. I know they are not pleasant from experience. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lovely card!
    Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
    Hope to see you again! Good luck!
    Fiki Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱

    ReplyDelete