Thursday, December 8, 2022

Boston Tea Party

 Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a card made for the new Ways to Use It Time Travelers challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.com.  For my card, I decided to go with a Boston Tea Party inspiration and pulled out a set I had bought from The Cat's Pajamas during their stamp clearance called Ship Happens.  TCP currently has the set in digital form.  

After stamping my images on scrap Hammermill white card stock, I colored them using both Prismacolor and Copic  markers before stippling some tumbled glass distress ink over a slimline cloud stencil from Picket Fence Studios.  Taking some scrap light blue card stock, I used an old wave die-namic from My Favorite Things to create my waves before layering and adding brads.  The card was dry embossed using an old Cuttlebug divine swirl embossing folder with my big shot then lightly stippled more of the tumbled glass distress ink over it.  The only other embellishments are some silver/white bakers twine, crystal ice stickles and highlighted parts of the image using Castle Arts glitter gel pen all from my stash.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers WT926 - Time Travelers (inspired by Boston Tea Party)
 




 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, PFS Slimline Cloud Stencil, PFS Blending Brushes, MFT Wave Die-Namic, Ice Stickles, Brads, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Glue Dots, Big Shot, Glitter Gel Pens, Bakers Twine

11 comments:

  1. Cute card!! I love the layout and layering, Thank you for entering in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the sweet sentiment, perfect for this image. Thank you for joining us at NBUS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute sailing teacup, Bonnie! They are really riding some rough Boston waves proving how true that sediment is! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Bonnie, lots going on here and all cute! I've also got those waves dies and the embossing folder. Love what you did with them, my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, what a cute "tea party" card! I've never thought of a teacup being a mode for transportation, but by golly, you've proved that it is!! Love all the little details like the waves, embossing, and wonderful coloring you've done!! Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room for our December "transportation" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card - I just about managed to read the sentiment and it's just perfect for the card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute, Bonnie Lynn. Thank you for stopping by to play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always very grateful to see your art linked up with us. Have a blessed and creative week.
    Karen L, Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, so much detail and thought gone into it. A Super creation. Thank you so much for joining us in our Transportation challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room Challenge. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boston Tea Party is a great interpretaion of the challenge. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge!
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday
    The Inspiration Station
    **starting 15 January - Beautiful Blossoms

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room Challenge. Goga

    ReplyDelete