Thursday, March 7, 2019

It Is Well



Hello and welcome.  Today I'm sharing a sympathy card made for my step-mom after the passing of my step-dad.  Because of my own health problems it's taken me longer than I would have liked to make this.  Dusted off some older stamp sets that I had yet to use from Our Daily Bread Designs which is now Divinity Designs.  I have a very hard time making sympathy cards as it is although I'm not sure why.

I started out by stamping the hymn It Is Well in memento black onto vellum card stock then stamped The Mighty Sea in weathered wood distress ink before coloring with chalk and layering. I used two silver brads along with vellum glue dots to hold the vellum hymn over the colored sea shore before adding everything onto a blue card stamped with the same sea shore in faded jeans distress ink.  Silver cord ribbon with a silver heart charm finish the front off.


For the inside, I stamped sayings from both The Mighty Sea and With Deepest Sympathy.


Challenges entered:

Pammies Inky Pinkies #1909 - Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday 2/22 to 3/19 - Anything Goes
Addicted To Stamps & More #331 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday #376 to #377 - Anything Goes
Splitcoast USEIT2019 - Use Your Forgotten Stash
Double D Challenges - Let's Make Music

Thank you for stopping by today.  Have a great day!!


Stamps: Divinity Designs (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans
Card Stock: Stampin Up
Accessories: Chalk, Applicator, Silver Cord, Heart Charm, Silver Brads




9 comments:

  1. Hi, Bonnie. Long time no see. Thanks for joining us at the PIP Challenge this week!
    kReN@afourthlife Follow me at http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie:
    This is beautiful. I love the music element to this, and I want to thank you for sharing this in our challenge. I love having you play along and I hope that you will join us again soon (and often).

    I also wanted to mention the fun challenge at Double D which is MUSIC and you might want to link up here as well. here is that link for you:
    http://daranddiane.blogspot.com/2019/03/lets-make-some-music.html

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your step mom's loss and yours as well. This hymn is the most comforting hymn for troubled times. One of my favorite older stamps as well. I like how you stamped it on the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss Bonnie! This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! What a fabulous idea and yes sympathy cards are very difficult to create but you've certainly created a very soothing card! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Make Some Music’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, your card is so beautiful. My sympathy for your loss. Love the softness of the image once the vellum layer is placed over the top - it makes for a very serene scene. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and it works. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge. We hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sympathy card. I love how you used the velum. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining Double D Challenges
    Amelia DT Double D Challenges

    ReplyDelete