Friday, February 15, 2019

Little Mushroom Picnic And More Never Before Used Stuff


Hello, and again, welcome.  This last week has been hard.....and I mean REALLY hard.  On this last Tuesday, I found out my step-father had passed away in his sleep the night before.  So, to try and keep my mind occupied, I pulled out this little Mushroom Sprite from Aurora Wings

After coloring her using both prismacolor and copic markers, I very lightly stippled some Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink around the edges before layering onto scrap card stock.  I then pulled out some Queen & Co. brads I've had in my stash for years, and never used, added dimension before adding some Queen & Company brads I've had in my stash for years and never used (NBUS).  I then pulled out a piece of Japanese handmade washi designer paper I'd received as a RAK a few years back to add to a scrap white card base before adding a scrap of lavender card stock for a border.  After adding dimensionals, and popping up my layered image over the border, I pulled out snippets of pink card stock to make my own embellishments using Martha Stewart butterfly trio and hydrangea trio punches.  The final touch was diamond ice stickles to highlight the flower centers.

Challenges entered:
Aurora Wings #74 - Anything Goes
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #345 - Anything Goes
Pammies Inky Pinkies #1906 - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards February - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend!!

Stamps: Aurora Wings
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass
Card Stock: Stampin Up, Designer Washi Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Computer, Printer, MS Punches, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Queen and Co. Brads, Stipple Brushes, Ice Stickles

4 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie, I'm so sorry to hear about your step-father. My thoughts will be with you and your family. Nice to hear that this sweet little Mushroom Sprite gave you some comfort and distraction while dealing with your loss. Such pretty coloring and cheerful colors and papers you've used. Really love the addition of the punched embellies, too. Thanks so much for joining us at Aurora Wings and take care. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your step-father Bonnie - sending you sympathy and caring thoughts from all of us in the Playground.

    Such a sweet card and as Donna so rightly says it's good to know that working on it provided you with some distraction.

    Take care,

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet sweet card. The image is adorable and I love your coloring. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creation is very Beautiful! I am jealous you get to hang Seaside. Have a blast for me!!!!
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete