Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas)

 
Hello and welcome.  My late grandfather used to live in Honolulu and seeing the news about the Maui wildfires got me thinking of him again and all of the laughs, and fun, we used to have together.  Grandpa was a true gentleman....with a wicked sense of humor.  LOL  So, I pulled out a couple of beach/palm stamps I received from a friend when she had to downsize and hadn't used yet.  Grandpa, this card is in your memory.  I think I'll send this to my brother for Christmas.

I started out by stamping the palm trees from Stamp Yourself Silly (now closed) and the beach Santa from PSX in memento tuxedo black ink onto a Hammermill white panel before coloring them using my Lyra and Castle Arts pencils.  Once the coloring was finished, I pulled out my retired Close To My Heart Tropical Christmas stamp set and stamped the Mele Kalikimaka in memento black between the palm trees before stenciling the background clouds using my slimline cloud stencil from Picket Fence Studios and Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink.  After layering the image panel, I added some copper brads, waterfall ice stickles, and hand drawn "birds" using a black gel pen.  Santa's sunglasses are also highlighted with the neon blue gel pen.

Challenges entered:
 
 

 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: PSX; Stamp Yourself Silly
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Lyra and Castle Arts Pencils, Gel Pens, Brads, Glue Dots, PFS Blending Brushes, Ice Stickles, PFS Slimline Cloud Stencil

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to remember your grandfather, hoping your brother will like it, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even Santa needs a vacay!! You rocked our "Going to the Beach" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz with your Santa beach bumming it and nailed our challenge to create a masculine card!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!! #C4G329

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Love those fluffy clouds
    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to remember your Grandfather, such happy memories for you. Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous tribute to your grandpa. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the humor of this hilarious beach scene!!! What a fabulous tribute to your grandfather! Thank you so much for playing along with DotMCC. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete