Thursday, May 5, 2022

Another Sunflower For Ukraine

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card made using a retired digital image (NBUS) from Impression Obsession called Sunflower Farm Scene #1764.  I chose this image to use since I've been thinking a lot about the people of Ukraine and this image makes me think about how Ukraine's sunflower farms looked BEFORE the "aggressors" started bombing Ukraine's towns, villages, and people.
 
I started out by printing my sunflower image onto Neenah white card stock before coloring it using both Lyra flesh tone pencils and Castle Arts colored pencils.  Once the coloring was finished, I highlighted the frame using a gold Castle Arts gel pen before layering and adding brads.  I then added it to to a chocolate card before adding a scrap of twine and Sakura 3D glaze pens to highlight parts of the watering can and house/barn windows.  As an afterthought, I pulled out my Sonic distresser tool and distressed the edges of the chocolate card.  I'm really happy with how this turned out since I colored the image while my husband was watching the news plus I'm still dealing with my migraines and health issues.

Challenges entered:
 
Color Throwdown #691 - See Mood Board (I went with the brighter color version; brown is my neutral)
 
 

Color Throwdown #691
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Castle Arts Pencils and Gold Gel Pen, Twine Scrap, Brads, Glue Dots, Tonic Paper Distresser Tool, Sakura 3D Glaze Pens

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely image and your coloring is superb. Thanks so much for playing along in The Paper Funday Challenge!
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely scene within the sunflower, Bonnie! Thanks for sharing at NBUS!! Linda W. May Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique and cool image! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I saw your farm scene card on NBUS and wanted to stop by and say how much I like it! Well done! The coloring and cardstock color choices are excellent! --Becca

    ReplyDelete