Thursday, November 18, 2021

The Early Bird


Hello and welcome. First, I'd like to apologize for not posting in a while.  I've been dealing with some health issues on top of my migraines. 
 
Today I'd like to share a card I made using an old Garfield stamp (Rubber Stampede) and this hilarious saying from Art Impressions and a long retired Stampin Up set Espress Yourself.

I started out by stamping Garfield and my saying onto some scrap white card stock in memento tuxedo black ink before coloring Castle Art pencils using the Art Nudge #4 to guide my color combo.  Once my coloring was finished, I lightly stippled some dusty durango ink around the image panel using my Picket Fence Studio Blending Brushes before layering and adding some brads.  I then took a black artist pen and added some faux sewing around the edges.  The card is stamped using the coffee cup border from Espress Yourself in dusty durango ink.  I then stamped the coffee beans also in dusty durango ink and layered onto a gray card stock scrap before adding my layered image panel popping it up using dimensionals.  I then finished the card off using some copper cord from my stash. 

Challenges entered:
 
 
 #fallwinter2021clh
 

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and a fabulous rest of your week and weekend.

Stamps: Rubber Stampede, Art Impressions, Stampin Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Dusty Durango
Card Stock: Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Castle Art Pencils, Copper Cord, Brads, Black Artist Pen, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, PFS Blending Brushes

6 comments:

  1. So many wonderful elements to this adorable old Garfield creation! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your Coffee Garfield card and had to come take a closer look! I have never seen a Garfield stamp before! I am a cat lover so your card really caught my eye. This stamp is adorable, and so is your card! Love the fun sentiment too! Sorry you are having health issues and migraines. I know all about migraines. Sending healing wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that you're a cat lover too - I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your fun sentiment and I haven't seen a Garfield stamp before. I can certainly hear him saying those words. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
    Best Wishes Lisa xx
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun card. Great image. Thanks for playing with us at Colour Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete