Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Celebrating You With Ice Cream


Hello and welcome.  Today is the new release day for Bugaboo Stamps and we're celebrating it over at Catch The Bug.  The image I'm sharing is called Knobby Knees Ice Cream Scoop and can be found here.

After printing my image onto white card stock, I pulled out some unloved Die Cuts With A View Sweet Stack designer paper and added that to a lavender card.  I then took my image, I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before sponging some lavender lace dye ink around the edges and adding some purple brads.  Since I let the designer paper control my color choices, I decided to give the image, and card, the feel of an ice cream shop in the 50's or 60's.  For the saying, I pulled out a long retired Stampin Up set then stamped it in memento tuxedo black dye ink.  Once done, I added it to the card using dimensionals before adding a never before used purple gingham ribbon.  The final embellishment was to take Sakura 3D glaze pens to highlight parts of the image.

Challenges entered:

Never Before Used Schtuff (NBUS) #17 - August 
Arty Divas #28 - Anything Goes 
Outlawz Monday Greetings Aug 3 to Aug 16 - Birthday 
CD Sunday Plus #41 - Anything Goes 
Pammies Inky Pinkies #2032 - Anything Goes 
Shopping Our Stash #426 - KISS (Keep It Simple Sister) 
Colour Crazy Craft Week 31 - Anything Goes 
Dragonfly Dreams Aug 2020 - Anything Goes 
Craftyhazelnuts Pattern Paper Challenge - August 2020

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and stay safe out there.


Stamps: Bugaboo, Stampin Up!
Ink: Stampin Up Lavender Lace, Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up, DCWV Sweet Shop Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Computer, Printer, Brads, Ribbon, Sponge, Dimensionals, Sakura 3D Glaze Pens

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining in with us. I hope I will be back later in the week to comment properly. Down here in Surrey the heat is too much to cope with.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what we need on another steamy hot day in Sussex, a lovely big scoop of ice cream. A very delicious card! Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cute image and gingham ribbon.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh for an ice-cream that big LOL! Great card, thanks for joining in with the challenge.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy I love ice cream!!! Such a great image. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday Plus Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Knobby knee image and card. Thanks for sharing over at Colour Crazy challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Gives me an ice cream craving. Imagine that! Thanks for joining us at PIP Challenges!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love ice-cream and it's the perfect weather for it. Thanks for sharing your great card with us.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ice cream would be very welcome in this heat,
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete