Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cherish The Promise Of Spring - In Purple

Hello and Happy Sunday!!  I'm still trying to figure out if it's June yet here in the Central Valley, or is it March still?  This weekend we've had a winter like storm with rain at my house and snow (if you can believe that) in the mountains 1 1/2hrs from me.  What's up with that??

Today I'm sharing two different cards using digital images for the Stamp Something monthly digital challenge and a new digital challenge blog I just discovered - Digital Tuesday - Animals.  I just love using digi's since they're easier to store, especially on CD's, and they can be re-sized.  The first card I'm showing uses some digital's from Taylored Expressions that were freebies when Taylored Expressions became a Member Company at Splitcoaststampers.  Taylor wanted everyone on SCS to join in the first challenge she hosted in the Member Company Forum.  If you click the Member Company link to the forum, you should be able to find the thread with the free digi's.

After downloading these images, I colored the butterfly one to match some scrap designer paper I used on another project, layered, and then added ice stickles to highlight the wings.  After layering the sentiment, and popping up the main image panel, I added a couple of Recollection paper flowers from Michael's with a dew drop center. 

The second card I'm sharing, still using a purple theme, uses a free digital image from Digital Two For Tuesday.  This image was posted by Digital Two For Tuesday Mother's Day weekend and I'm in love with this hat image. 

I printed off the image twice and colored with prismacolor markers.  In order to keep with a slight vintage theme, I stippled Tim Holtz antique linen and old paper around the main image, and slightly over the popped up image too.  After adding MFT's Dainty Lace Die-Namic border, I adhered the main image panel at an angle so my primas would fit nicely next to it.  The Stampin Up! saying is punched out using Stampin Up's word window punch.

I'm pretty happy with how both of these turned out since I put them together while dealing with another freakin migraine.  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.



Spring Card
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Digital
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Summer Sun, Orchid Opulance, Designer Paper
Ink: Stampin Up! Bashful Blue
Accessories: Stipple Brush, Prismacolor Markers, Recollections Paper Flowers, Dew Drop, Computer, Printer, Brads, Ribbon, Pop Dots, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles

Cherish Card
Stamps: Digital Two For Tuesday Digital Image, Stampin Up! Wonderful Words
Ink: Stampin Up! Perfect Plum, Tim Holtz Old Paper, Antique Linen
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Perfect Plum, Mauve Mist, Lavender Lace, Almost Amethyst, Lily Bean Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Pop Dots, MFT Die-Namic, Brads, Primas, Glue Dots, Stampin Up! Word Window Punch, Stipple Brushes

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never saw this one. It is wonderful. I love how vibrant you colored it.

    ReplyDelete