Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Holding Up?


Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card for my step-mom with you made using How Are You Holding Up from Bugaboo Stamps paired with a background I received as a RAK from a friend.

After printing my images onto white card stock, I then colored it using prismacolor markers.  Once I had stippled some Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink around the image, I took a memento tuxedo black "cat eye" ink pad and lightly tapped it to the outside edge (direct to paper) of the image to give a "faux layering" look before layering it onto a rose card stock scrap.  I then went and again tapped the memento black to the rose layer as well before adding to my card.  I then added some faux brads using a small hole punch and a Martha Stewart glue pen.  After adding some sequins and a pink rose bow, I thought the card still needed something in the lower left corner so I stamped the hello saying on scrap white card stock and punched it out before doing the same to the rose scrap.  The only other embellishment added was crystal ice stickles on the camisole.  I then added the saying from the How Are You Holding Up set to the inside of the card.
 
 
Challenges entered:
 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and stay safe out there.

Stamps: Bugaboo (image), MFP Stamp Shop (hello saying)
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Neenah White, Scraps
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Small Hole Punch, Prismacolor Markers, Ice Stickles, Sequins, Ribbon Bow, Glue Dots, Ranger Crystal Accents, SU Oval Punches, Stipple Brush
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie Lynn, Hello! Wow, you could not have used that gifted background better had you made it yourself. A great card dealing with a "touchy" subject. You rocked it. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Love to Craft Challenge #51 and we hope you play with us again! XXO, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Love to Craft.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete