Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Graceful Swan

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card made using one of Impression Obsession's stamps called Swan With Lily Pad.  My card uses the digital version here.  Now if you don't like using digital stamps (my migraines sometimes make it impossible to use them), you can find the actual stamp here.  I've had this image since the start of the pandemic and have never used it before now.  

After printing the image at 3.5x5 inches onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using Castle Art pencils I received for my birthday.  Once the image was colored, I layered it then added blue eyelets before adhering the image panel to a blue card.  For my embellishments, I added blue glitter ribbon, primas (more NBUS) and ice stickles.  I'm really happy with how it turned out considering I was dealing with another multi-day migraine.  If you've ever had a migraine, you know how impossible it is to think.  Well I had reached the point of either try focusing on something to take my mind off the pain if possible or cry which would have hurt more I think.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and stay safe out there.

Stamps: Impression Obsession
Card Stock: Neenah White, Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Castle Art Pencils, Ice Stickles, Ribbon, Glue Dots, Primas, Eyelets, Crop A Dile

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful!!! Impression Obsession has some of the best artwork and I love that they have made some of it available in digi format. You colored and embellished this perfectly; I especially love the glitter ribbon! This will make a great thinking of you card. On migraines, I suffered from them badly throughout my 40's. After trying a multitude of preventative medicines, treatments, and Botox injections, we finally learned that mine were caused by a hormone imbalance. I get the rare migraine during my cycle, but it is now far milder than they used to be. Consider getting a hormone study blood test done to see if that could be behind yours. Mine would keep me in bed with an ice pack on my head for 3 days, multiple times a month. Hope you feel better! Oh, and thanks for playing along with us at 2CCC!
    ~Karen Page, DT Member for 2 Crafty Critter Crazies
    Blog: MisplacedMojo.com IG: @misplacedmojo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flower embellishment - the perfect finishing touch.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards
    Hugs
    Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT Crazy Craft Corner{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete