Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Grateful And A Snowy Turtles

Hello and welcome.  Today is New Release Tuesday over at Bugaboo Stamps and we have two adorable turtles perfect for your holiday cards.

First up is Thanksgiving Turtle.  After I printed the image onto Hammermill white card stock, I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before stippling stormy sky, brushed corduroy and garden green inks around it then layered.  For the card, I pulled out a scrap piece of designer paper from I scrap pack I purchased years ago, and never used.  I then pulled a scrap dry embossed panel left over from another project and lightly sanded it before also adding that to the card.  I then added the layered image, copper brads and cord before stamping my saying from a retired Stampin Up set onto scraps and punched it out.  Once the saying was added to the bottom right of the card, I dusted off my Marvy oak leaf punch and punched several leaves to add.  Since I felt the card was missing something, I dug out my box of punched flowers, leftover from other projects, and added a few of those using Ranger glossy accents.  The final touch was copper ice stickles in the center of the flowers.
 
Challenges entered:
 
 
 

Next up is Turtle Winter.  After printing the image onto white Hammermill card stock and coloring, I stippled Tim Holtz broken china and stormy sky inks around it then cut it down to size to fit a smaller card I had left over from another project.  Once that was done, I layered it onto scrap black card stock before adding to the card.  I then punched out some small circles to make my own "faux brads" from the black card stock leftovers since I ran out of black ones.  I then dug out some leftover silver cord (need to get more), a snowflake charm I've had for years and not used, and some silver sequins then added all that to the card.  The final touch was waterfall and diamond ice stickles to highlight parts of the snow.

Challenges entered:
 
 
I'm very happy with how both of these cards turned out; especially since I was able to use up scraps still on my desk.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and stay safe out there!!  Please wear your masks as well.

Stamps:  Bugaboo; Stampin Up Small Script (retired)
Ink: Tim Holtz Broken China, Stormy Sky, Brushed Corduroy; Stampin Up Garden Green
Card Stock:  Hammermill White, Stampin Up, Scraps, Scrap Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Stipple Brushes, Sequins, Ice Stickles, SU Oval Punches, Copper and Silver Cord, Charm, Small Hole Punch, MS Glue Pen, Glue Dots, Marvy Punch Oak Leaf Punch, MS Hydrangea Punch, Copper Brads

14 comments:

  1. How cute are these TURTLES! Love both your cards. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable image and card! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute images. Your first is perfect for our autumnal theme at Cardz4Guyz. TFS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck GinnyMy Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall turtle card is adorable!! and perfect for the "fall colors" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. So glad that your joined us and played along!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little character getting up to fun things. Lovely colouring. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. your thanksgiving turtle is way too cute! you did a good job on coloring. Thank you for playing with us at C4G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and a super use of plenty of scraps/snippets too! I do so love the images on both your cards.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card! I love the turtle. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge.

    DT Stacey
    www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. The turtles are too cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper.

    DT Stacey
    www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two lovely card, I love the turtle great colouring with the pumpkin
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two great little cards.
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute. Thanks for playing along with us at UYS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those turtles are adorable. Your colouring is great and you've made 2 lovely cards.

    Thanks for sharing them with us.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete