Saturday, June 13, 2009

World Cardmaking Kincades

Second Post Today.

While cleaning out some of my computer photos, I came across a couple of Thomas Kincade cards I hadn't uploaded since they were submitted to Paper Crafts for their World Cardmaking contest last October. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the finalists, however, I'm still a winner in my opinion because I actually got them done and sent in so that's an accomplishment for me. Submitting is always makes me so nervous to the point I sometimes back out and that just drives my husband totally nuts. Free Smileys

Stonehearth Hutch is one of my favorite Thomas Kincade images Cornish Heritage Farms produces. This image I stamped in pallet noir on watercolor paper and then watercolored using Stampin Up's Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an aquapainter. The Christmas tree lights and wreath ribbon were highlighted with Prismacolor markers.


Vintage Skating Pond was stamped in Stampin Up! basic brown dye ink on white paper and colored with colored pencils using the spotlighting technique. I only wanted certain areas of the house and the skating pond colored so your eyes were drawn to the middle.


The edges were distressed with Stampin Up's distressing tool and the main panel popped up on dimensionals. As a friend of mine would say, easy peasy!

Two different Thomas Kincade stamps, two different coloring mediums and two different end results, however, both still classy.

Stamps: CHF Thomas Kincade Stonehearth Hutch, Skaters Pond

Ink: Pallet Noir Black, Stampin Up Basic Brown

Cardstock: Handstome Hunter, Designer Paper, White, Brilliant Blue, Always Artichoke, Watercolor Paper

Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aquapainter, Prismacolor Markers, Colored Pencils

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie you truely are an artist with these stamps. I love them both, but that first one is knock me down gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so beautiful and subtle and perfect. I have a few of the TK CHF images and they can be a challenge to do right. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful, super job!!!!

    ReplyDelete