Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ice Cream Sundae Three Ways



My husband recently broke his ankle in three places, called a tri-malleolar fracture, and had to have a plate with screws put into the ankle to fix everything. While he was in the hospital waiting to be discharged, I took a bunch of pre-stamped images with me to color. Since I work at the hospital, I know it takes just about as long to do the paperwork for discharge, as it does to get the ok to get the patient out of there. So, I was going to make sure I was not bored at all. The ice cream sundae image is from a retired Stampin Up! set called Sweet Treats which is perfect since I needed to have several birthday cards ready to send out.

Once I got my husband, and my images home, it was easy to get to work. All that's necessary, is to take the colored image and using the same color scheme make three different types of cards; using scraps, full cardstock like a one sheet wonder, just moving the image around on the card.

For my first card, I chose to do a traditional layout with metallic stickers on the side.

The second card has the image off to the right side with felt flower stickers overlapping the image and bling in the center.


The third card has the image up in the top right corner with flowers on the left with bling in the centers.

Each card only took about 10 minutes to make and each have Stampin Up! pretty in pink dye ink lightly stippled over and around the image.

Pre-stamping images to take along to color at a doctor's office, hospital, or anywhere you're going to be stuck for long periods of time is a great way to have images ready to use at a later date when you're in a hurry and need a "quick card".

Stamps: Stampin Up! Sweet Treats, Birthday Greetings

Ink: Black, Pretty In Pink, Close to Cocoa

Cardstock: Pretty In Pink, Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose

Accessories: Stipple Brush, Silk Flowers, Bling, Felt Flowers, Markers, Metallic Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment