Thursday, June 18, 2009

All Grown Up?


Have you ever needed a birthday card with a punchline? This set from The Cat's Pajamas is just for you. It's cute (love those penguins), flexible for male/female, and definitely has a couple of punchlines to be used.

For this card, I chose to put the punchline on the outside of the card, and the Happy Birthday on the inside. In fact, I made a card just like this for my "little" brother. I say that little lightly too. He's only four years younger than me, but he's taller, smarter than me and makes way more money than I do.

I stamped the penguins and cupcake in memento tuxedo black and colored them with prismacolor markers before stippling Stampin Up! green galore dye ink around the edges. For the border, I used a retired Stampin Up! color, cool caribbean. Once my layers were added, I then added diamond ice stickles to the cupcake sprinkles to add some sparkle.

I then stamped the inside saying and the image, colored, added my ribbon and was done. Easy peasy as a friend of mine would say. :)

Stamps: The Cats Pajamas

Ink: Stampin Up! Cool Caribbean (retired) & Green Galore, Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Diamond Ice Stickles, Stipple Brush, Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. what a fun card!! I need to remember that sentiment. TOO funny. Great Kincades too!!! That's my girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Cute penguins and I love how you decorated the inside too.

    ReplyDelete